The Barbados Employers Confederation hosted an event on November 9 on “Workforce Trends: The Evolving Labour Landscape Symposium.” BP2C’s Jen Faucon spoke at the event as a panelist.
The Barbados Employers Federation also issued a COVID-19 Employer Toolkit to assist employers during this uncertain time. According to BEC, the challenges facing employers during the COVID-19 crisis are growing. Each day presents decisions about working remotely, evaluating potential workplace hazards, responding to employee concerns and maintaining business operations.
The toolkit includes information on the following:
- Business Continuity Best Practices- COVID-19
- Lay-off and Short Time Procedures
- Managing COVID-19 in the Workplace
- National Preparedness Stages
- Pandemic Business Continuity Checklist
- Sample COVID-19 Policy
- Social Distancing Options for High Traffic Businesses
- Social Distancing Options for the Beauty Industry
- National Curfew and Shutdown – BEC Guidance
- ILO Prevention and Mitigation of COVID-19 at Work – Action Checklist
- Suggested Guidance for Addressing the Risk for Severe COVID-19 in relation to Work in Barbados
- Guidance for Workplaces with Positive COVID-19 Cases